I’m not even going to bother with my whole life story. I will give you a quick rundown:
- I attended school at the University of Wyoming
- I majored in Wildlife and Fisheries Biology Management
- I was a member of Pi Beta Phi Woman’s Fraternity
- Fall 2014 semester (senior year), I decided that wasn’t the right path for me
- Recurring thought number 2984 of joining the military came around
- Thought long and hard about it
- Before Spring 2015 semester I talked to recruiter
- I qualified and shipping out 28 December with my dream job
I enjoyed studying wildlife biology, it is what I wanted to do at one point in my life. Who knows? Maybe I’ll find my way back one day. It’s a competitive field and with my lack of experience I’ll be looking at seasonal jobs for the next few years. As a college grad with student loan debt, I’m not going to put myself through that. I wanted something that was going to be steady. The military offers that and will help me out some with repaying my debt back.
Since my sophomore year, I have considered joining the military. It has been an on and off again recurring thought for the last 7 or 8 years. Now it’s it something I need to do or I know I’ll regret it one day.
I hope for this blog to be an inspiration for those who are torn between going to college or going into the military or anyone who is thinking of joining. Maybe both at the same time. I’ll do my best to cover any aspect of it.